YOU AND 'SAI JAI THAI'
- The 2nd of April 1997 marks the 22nd anniversary of the Sai Jai Thai
- The strong purpose of Foundation has been to provide aid and assistance
to our fellow compatriots who have devoted their lives, and sacrificed
their personal happiness in discharging their duties for the security of
the nation and also for the peace and happiness of all Thai people. In
order to achieve this aim, the Foundation needs sufficient operating funds
to cover expenses.
- According to its orginal intention, the Foundation would merely depend
on income from available funds to finance its activities. However, with
unforeseen increases in its already high expenses, the Foundation found
it hard to adhere to its intention. The considerable increase of the number
of victims and the popularity of the Foundation have placed a strain on
the Foundation's resources.
- As the chairman of the Foundation, H.R.H Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
has expressed her deep concern for the careers and livelihood of those
being supported by Foundation. It is for this reason that she has set up
a vocational training center with a view to enabling the handicapped to
earn additional income other than the monthly stipend they receive from
the Foundation, and also to overcome their disabilities by living an ordinary
- At present, the Foundation has estimated monthly expenses of Baht 8,000,000.
The Foundation, consequently, trusts in the Thai people's patriotism, mercy
and assistance to each other in upholding the security and well-being of
our beloved country.